Anyone know what today is?
On November 21, 2013, I wrote my very first post to a new blog I created called, Brand New Vegan and dang, what a crazy trip it’s been!
So Happy Birthday BNV!
The struggle ends, when gratitude begins. – Neale Donald Walsch
I know a lot of you have been on this journey with me from the beginning…..and YOU know, right?
- The awards and the trolls.
- The compliments and the haters.
- The unemployment and the jobs.
- My trip to Austin and the passing of my dad.
And all the while, this little blog has just kept growing, and growing, and growing.
Who woulda thought…..???
I clearly remember sitting out on the break bench at work, SO excited about sharing my hopes and dreams for my newest little venture.
And they laughed, and they joked, and they smirked, and they pointed.
“Psst….he’s that vegan guy who thinks he can start a blog…..”
And now here we sit, exactly FIVE years later, and look at us….
We followed our hearts AND our dreams.
We’re more relaxed.
We feel better.
We LOOK better.
And we’re taking fewer meds, if any at all…
I HAVE to tell you I’m DANG PROUD of what we’ve accomplished!
And now we get to sit back and watch, as the rest of the world slowly recognizes what we’ve known all along…
A Whole Food, Plant-Based, Vegan lifestyle, is the healthiest, kindest, and the most compassionate way to live….period.
Pretty darn cool, isn’t it?
Forks Over Knives and What The Health has changed a LOT of people….but they were just the beginning.
There are 5 MORE documentaries coming out next year. I have a feeling things are about to get a little bit crazier….
So I don’t know about you, but I know EXACTLY what I’m thankful for this Holiday Season…
- I’m thankful for my health.
- I’m thankful for my family, and the time I’ve been allowed to stay home with them.
- I’m thankful for being able to watch my grandson grow up.
- I’m thankful for all the delicious food we get to eat
- I’m thankful for ALL of the excellent Recipe Bloggers who give us so many choices.
- I’m especially thankful for my mentors and teachers who took me under their wing and taught me how to be the blogger I am today.
- And I’m thankful for all of you, my dear friends, for all of your comments, messages, emails, and support.
So let me just say …. THANK YOU for allowing me to be a part of it.
Because without you, none of this would be possible.
So with that said….
Happy Birthday BNV and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
And remember to NEVER give up, because ANYTHING is possible…… if you just believe.