An easy to make copycat recipe for those yummy Chipotle Sofritas. Easy to find ingredients and just a little prep work makes this a surefire hit at the dinner table.
For the Sofritas Bowl
- 2 cups Brown Rice
- 2 Tbs Lime Juice
- Fresh Cilantro
- 16 oz Firm Tofu
- 1 can Pinto Beans, drained ((15oz))
- New Mexico Red Chile Sauce ((optional))
For the Sauce
- 1 Poblano Pepper (roasted)
- 3 Chipotle Peppers ((with Adobo Sauce))
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 can Fire Roasted Tomatoes ((15oz))
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Drain and press tofu while preparing the pepper and sauce
- Roast the Poblano either over a gas burner or under a broiler until charred
- Steam at least 10 minutes in a bag and then remove skin, stem and seeds.
- Add roasted Poblano, Chipotles, Tomatoes, garlic, salt, cumin, oregano, lime juice, and sugar to blender.
- Blend until smooth,
- Steam rice in time cooker (or other preferred method) until done
- Add in lime juice and cilantro and fluff with fork
- Cut tofu into cubes and stir fry in a little veggie broth until browned
- Continue to add broth as necessary to prevent sticking, while chopping up cubes with spatula to make a scrambled consistency
- Once browned, add sauce and pinto beans and stir to combine
- Cook down until liquid begins to evaporate and thicken (about 20 minutes)
- Serve in bowls over rice
Good with Red Chile Sauce poured on top!
Also good with shredded lettuce, freshly chopped tomato, and guacamole