Buffalo Cauliflower Bites - Get the napkins ready because game day just went Vegan! Frosty adult beverages optional.
Cauliflower is simply amazing, isn't it?
Like these Buffalo Wings.
Slightly sweet, super sticky, and with just enough kick to make you stand up and take notice.
When my daughter tasted this sauce I swear the first words out of her mouth were 'OMG'. Is that even a word? Whatever, I do know that's usually a VERY good sign
These little guys are absolutely perfect for movie night, the big game, or just for snackin'.
I hope you like them as much as we do.
Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Take a head of cauliflower and break it up into bite sized pieces.
We're going to use the same batter as my Orange Chicken Recipe - so mix a cup of flour with a cup of Almond Milk and 2 tsp of Garlic Powder. I also like to add a teaspoon or two of Apple Cider Vinegar to get more of a buttermilk flavor.
Add salt and pepper to taste - it should be like a pancake batter.
Once your batter comes together, drop in your cauliflower pieces and stir to coat evenly. Lay them on a baking sheet (I highly recommend parchment paper) and bake for 15-20 minutes at 450 degrees F.
For the sauce - in a small saucepan mix ½ cup of your favorite Ketchup, ¼ cup of Sriracha Hot Sauce, 1 Tablespoon of Red Wine Vinegar, 1 Tablespoon of Maple Syrup, 1 tsp of Soy Sauce, and a pinch or two of ground cumin.
When that starts to simmer, turn off the heat and let it cool until the cauliflower bites finish baking. Then dump in the cauliflower and stir to coat evenly.
Redistribute the cauliflower on your baking sheet and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Start off your new year right with these Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites. Perfect for the big game or potluck.
- 1 head Cauliflower ((broken into pieces))
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ cup Ketchup
- ¼ cup Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 1 Tbs Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Add vinegar to almond milk and whisk to combine
- Add garlic powder to flour and whisk to combine
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry to make a thick batter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Break cauliflower into bite sized pieces and dip in batter
- Ensure each piece is evenly coated
- Lay on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes
- Add all sauce ingredients to medium saucepan
- Whisk to combine and heat to simmer
- Once the breaded cauliflower bites are finished baking, carefully stir them in the sauce
- Make sure they are evenly coated and then redistribute them on your cookie sheet
- Bake an additional 5-10 minutes