Spiced Cauliflower crumbles, sautéed Onions, Bell Peppers, and a homemade Enchilada Sauce, topped with my Vegan Country Cornbread. Vegan Taco Pie!
- 8 oz can of Tomato Sauce
- 1.5 Tablespoons of Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 3 cups riced Cauliflower
- 4 oz Fresh Mushrooms
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 2 Tbs Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbs Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Ground Pepper
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 cup of cornmeal
- 1 cup of bread flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix all Enchilada Sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and heat until bubbly.
- Slowly stir in cold water.
- When simmering again, add cornstarch slurry to thicken.
- Set aside 1 cup of Enchilada Sauce.
- Prepare Taco Crumbles by chopping mushrooms and walnuts until uniform in size.
- The crumbles should have the size of crumbled hamburger, or rice.
- Add Cauliflower and stir to combine.
- Add all Taco Seasonings and stir to coat.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Stir crumbles around and then bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Set Taco Crumbles aside.
- Saute veggies (onion & Peppers) until softened.
- Stir in minced garlic for a minute or two and then stir in Taco Crumbles.
- Add the cup of Enchilada Sauce and stir to combine.
- Stir in 1 Tbs of Masa Corn Flour to thicken if desired.
- Cook until bubbly and slight thickened, and then remove from heat.
- Spoon mixture into a 9x13 Glass Baking dish and spread evenly.
- Prepare Cornbread Batter by mixing all dry ingredients first.
- Then mix all wet ingredients together and pour into the dry.
- Mix until a loose batter has formed then pour onto casserole - spreading evenly.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Tips are always welcome!