One of the easiest, quickest, and tastiest meals I prepare is to steam some veggies and drizzle on a tasty sauce, like this Broccoli in Garlic Sauce. It tastes better than any takeout and literally comes together in minutes.
- 1 small head of broccoli (about 2 cups florets)
- or 1 bag frozen broccoli & cauliflower mix
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp red chile flakes (or gochugaru)
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 Tbs rice vinegar
- 1 tsp marmite
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp spicy mustard
- 2 Tbs corn starch
- 2 Tbs water
- Cut all the florets from a small head of broccoli and add them to a steamer basket. Steam covered for 3 minutes in a pot with 1-2 inches of boiling water, then remove and place them in a bowl of ice water, Set aside.
- Mince garlic and add to a small saucepan along with a few tablespoons of veg broth or water, ginger, and chile flakes. Saute for a minute while stirring.
- Add the broth and all the remaining ingredients except the corn starch and water. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Make a slurry by whisking the corn starch and water together and slowly stirring it into the sauce until it thickens.
- Drain your broccoli and add to the sauce. Stir to coat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Serve over rice.
Keywords: broccoli in garlic sauce