The next time you want to impress your non-vegan friends (or just want a super-tasty snack) throw some of these BBQ Tofu Burnt Ends on the grill! You may have weekend dinner guests for life!
- 1 pkg Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 Tbs Apple Juice
- 2 Tbs Rub ((recipe below))
- Your favorite BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup Paprika
- 2 Tbs Kosher Salt
- 2 Tbs Chili Powder
- 2 Tbs Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbs Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper ((or more to taste))
- Freeze Tofu prior to making the recipe (not absolutely necessary but highly recommended). Then thaw before continuing.
- Drain Tofu and slice it into 2 even blocks about 1" thick.
- Press Tofu between paper towels for at least 30 minutes. Place something flat on top to help the process. Change towels frequently.
- While Tofu is pressing, preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix all rub ingredients together until uniform and store in an airtight container until needed. I used a 1 pint Mason Jar with lid.
- Once Tofu is finished pressing, slice each block into 12 equal cubes and place in a ziplock bag with the Apple Juice. Shake gently.
- Add 2 Tbs of the Rub to the bag and again, shake gently to ensure all surfaces of Tofu are covered.
- Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet in the 300-degree oven for 15 minutes.
- The Tofu is now ready for the BBQ. Place over indirect-heat and gently brush on your favorite sauce. Turn frequently and continue basting until a nice bark has formed.
- Serve as an appetizer or as a tasty addition to your Summer BBQ Meal.
Tips are always welcome!
Keywords: vegan bbq