A creamy Mushroom Stroganoff just like Mom used to make....(well sort of). Hearty gluten-free pasta, rich & chewy mushrooms, and a creamy Tofu Sour Cream Sauce that will remind you of sitting around mom's dinner table. Thanks Mom!
- 2 cups Pasta ((I use Brown Rice Pasta to make it GF))
- 16 oz Fresh Mushrooms ((sliced))
- 1/2 med Onion ((diced))
- 4 cloves Garlic ((minced))
- 1 Tbs Soy Sauce ((low sodium))
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce ((look for a vegan variety) )
- 2 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1/2 cup White Wine ((you can sub veg broth if needed))
Tofu Sour Cream
- 16 oz Tofu ((silken))
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbs Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 cloves Garlic ((minced))
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Make the Tofu Sour Cream by draining the tofu and adding all the sour cream ingredients to a blender. Be sure to stop and scrape down the sides occasionally. If it seems too thick, add a tablespoon or two of water until it reaches a sour cream-like consistency.
- Note: This makes about 2 cups of Sour Cream and the recipe only needs one - save the other cup for another use.
- Meanwhile, saute the onion and garlic in a few tablespoons of water or veggie broth until softened
- Stir in fresh mushrooms and allow to cook down.
- Add Soy Sauce, Worcestershire, Wine, and seasonings and continue simmering until sauce is reduced.
- Stir in 1 cup of the sour cream and mix. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions
- Drain pasta and top with the sour cream/mushroom sauce.