A dairy-free vegan dark chocolate mousse that is so rich and decadent you'll swear you're cheating! The perfect plant-based dessert to impress your family & friends.
- 16 oz simple truth organic silken tofu
- 3.5 oz 100% cocoa Ghirardelli baking chocolate
- 4 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 Tbls PB2 powdered peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup fresh blackberries and/or raspberries
- chocolate shavings for garnish
- Let your tofu AND the chocolate come to room temp.
- Break up the chocolate and place it in a microwave-safe bowl
- Melt your chocolate using the 50% power setting of your microwave, until it is smooth and creamy.
- Alternatively, you can use a double-boiler.
- For the microwave, use short, 30-second intervals so the chocolate does not burn.
- Stir often.
- NOTE: I used 100% cocoa and it took 4 Tbs of maple syrup to sweeten it. If you use anything less, start with 2 Tbs of maple syrup and taste as you go
- Once the tofu is room-temp, blend it and the maple syrup until smooth
- Add the PB2 and vanilla and mix well
- Finally, stir in the chocolate and blend until creamy.
- Pour into glasses or ramekins, top with berries, and chill in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- Chocolate shavings make a nice garnish
Keywords: vegan chocolate mousse