Let me tell you, this is by far the creamiest, the cheesiest, the most Amazing Vegan Cheese Sauce ever! No tofu, no cashews. It will really blow your mind!
- 16 oz Yukon Gold Potatoes (about 3 medium)
- 1-2 large Carrots
- 1/2 cup Water (used to boil potatoes)
- 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbs Nutritional yeast (in addition to above)
- 2 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Brown Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- Wash and scrub both potatoes and carrots, peel if desired and chop into uniform pieces and boil for 10 minutes. OR.....
- INSTANT POT: Simply add them to your Instant Pot with 1 cup of water. Set to MANUAL and cook for 7 minutes. Allow to naturally release for 10 minutes before opening lid.
- Let rest for 5 minutes and then with a slotted spoon, transfer the veggies to your blender
- Add 1/2 cup potato water and pulse to mix
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy
Keywords: vegan cheese sauce