Never heard of Cowboy Caviar? TikTok may have made it popular, but I made it oil-free! Come see what all the fuss is about!
- 15 oz can black beans
- 15 oz can chickpeas
- 5 oz chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 8 oz corn
- 1 or 2 jalapenos
- 1 avocado (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup chickpea bean juice (aquafaba)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Drain and rinse the black beans and add them to a large mixing bowl
- Drain the chickpeas, reserving the liquid, and add them as well.
- Dice all the veggies and add them too - then mix well.
- Take 1/3 cup of that chickpea liquid and add another 1/4 cup vinegar.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the dressing and whisk to combine.
- Pour dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, then serve.
Keywords: oil free, cowboy caviar, Texas caviar