Crispy Hash Brown Potato Patties - they're pretty, they're plant-based, they're POTATOES, and they're perfect! Who's ready for one?
- 3 cups Frozen Hash Browns
- 1 can Diced Green Chili ((7oz))
- 1 Tbs Cornstarch
- 1 Flax Egg ((see instructions))
BNV French Fry Seasoning
- 1 Tbs Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Thaw 3 cups of frozen hash browns in a large bowl
- Prepare Flax Egg by mixing 1 Tbs ground Flax Seed and 2 1/2 Tbs hot Water.
- Allow Flax Egg to gel for 5 minutes then add to thawed potatoes.
- Add Chopped Green Chiles, Corn Starch, and all the seasoning and mix well.
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup
- Using your hands, form 12 equal sized potato balls and space evenly on the cookie sheet.
- Smash the tops down a little to form little pucks.
- Add an extra shake of salt and pepper if desired
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes
- Increase heat to 450 degrees F and bake for an additional 10 minutes
- Set oven to BROIL and bake for 5 minutes to brown tops.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Adapted from Minimalist Baker's Hash Brown Haystacks Recipe.