An authentic Hatch Green Chile Sauce recipe, perfect for Tacos, Burritos, Enchiladas, or even drizzled on baked potatoes! Full of Vitamin C!
- 1/2 Onion ((diced fine))
- 3-4 cloves Garlic ((minced))
- 2-3 cups Chopped Hatch Green Chile ((about 1 lb) )
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Mexican Oregano ((or Italian))
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth (low sodium)
- 1 Tbs Arrowroot Powder ( )
- Saute onion in a few tablespoons of water or broth until softened
- Stir in minced garlic and simmer for 1 minute
- Add spices and simmer until bubbly, then stir in chiles.
- Add broth and simmer. Blend to desired consistency
- Whisk Arrowroot Powder with 2 Tbs cold water to make a slurry. Then stir into sauce to thicken if needed.