An Instant Pot version of an old favorite. This Vegan Marinara Sauce is so elegant and delicious, your family will surely be impressed. Easy and fast!
- 1/3 cup White Onion (minced)
- 1/3 cup Red Bell Pepper (minced)
- 2 Tbs Vegetable Broth ((for sauteeing))
- 2-3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/3 cup Mushrooms ((or 4oz can))
- 1 can Tomato Paste ((6oz))
- 1/2 cup Red Wine ((can sub veg broth))
- 2 cans Diced Tomatoes ((14oz Fire Roasted))
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Pepper
- Saute onion and bell pepper on LOW SAUTE mode until softened. Use veg broth to keep from sticking.
- Add garlic, drained mushrooms, and tomato paste. Stir until mixed thoroughly.
- When sauce begins to stick to bottom, turn OFF heat and deglaze pan with red wine.
- Add water, tomatoes, and spices and mix well.
- Attach lid, set to SEALING, MANUAL, HP, and 8 MIN
- When finished, use Quick Release method to carefully release steam. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Use and Immersion Blender to blend to desired consistency. Or - remove 1-2 cups and blend in blender, then return to pot and mix well.
First Published - July, 11, 2017
Stovetop Version Link ---> Absolutely Divine Fat Free Marinara Sauce