One of my readers asked me the other day if I had an Instant Pot Vegan Sloppy Joes recipe. The answer is....I DO NOW! So quick, so easy, and SO tasty!
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cauliflower, finely chopped or 'riced'
- 1/2 cup portabella mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp vegan worcestershire
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (if necessary)
- 1/4 tsp red wine vinegar
- Use SAUTE mode on your IP to soften the onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic, using a few tablespoons of water or veg broth to prevent sticking
- Add cauliflower, mushrooms, walnuts, water, worcestershire, soy sauce, and chili powder and stir to mix well.
- Layer the ketchup, maple syrup, and mustard on TOP of the mixture but do NOT stir.
- Attach lid, set vent to SEAL, and cook on MANUAL for 5 minutes.
- Let it naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes before carefully opening lid.
- Stir, and if it's too thin and watery - go ahead and stir in the oats.
- Season with red wine vinegar and any additional salt or pepper and serve
Keywords: instant pot, vegan sloppy joes