These tasty and nutritious Potato Skins are made almost entirely from potatoes! Even the Cheese! Topped with Beans, Cheese, and your favorite Tex-Mex Garnish - these skins will be sure to please.
- 4 Russet Potatoes
- 1 small Sweet Potato (or Yam)
- 1 can Vegetarian Refried Beans ((15oz))
- 1 Tbs Salsa
- 1 tsp Taco Mix
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 4 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Scrub and clean 4 large Russet Potatoes
- Poke holes in potatoes and place on oven rack.
- Wrap a small sweet potato in foil and also place on rack.
- Bake at 400F for 45-50 min or until done.
- Meanwhile mix beans, salsa, and Taco Mix in a small pan and heat
- Once potatoes are done, carefully cut Russets in half lengthwise
- Scoop out potato meat and add to blender leaving 1/4" or so near skin
- Remove skin from Sweet Potato and discard, chop potato and add to blender
- Add almond milk, lemon juice, mustard, and vinegar and blend until smooth consistency
- Add remaining spices and Chipotle Pepper and blend until smooth
- Scoop beans into potato skins and top with cheese
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or so until crispy and cheese has melted
- Top with garnish and serve
Garnish with Salsa, Vegan Sour Cream, Avocado, Jalapeños, Tomatoes, and/or Green Onions.