- 2-3 cloves Garlic ((minced))
- 1 Green Bell Pepper ((diced))
- 1 can Whole Green Chiles ((7oz))
- 1 Jalapeño ((minced))
- 4 oz Mushrooms ((diced))
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes - drained ((15oz))
- 16 oz Polenta (the kind in the tube) ( )
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Cilantro ((chopped))
- 1 Tbs Lime Juice
- 2 Tbs Pine Nuts - toasted ((optional))
- Saute garlic and diced peppers in a large skillet using a little veggie broth
- Add in mushrooms and stir until softened
- Drain the juice from the tomatoes and stir them in,
- Add spices and stir to combine.
- After a few minutes, slice the polenta into 1/2" thick rounds and slowly crumble it in
- The more you stir the Polenta - the faster it will break down into - well mush. So if you want larger pieces - stir just enough to combine
- Fold in Cilantro and Lime Juice and serve
Garnish with additional Cilantro, Pine Nuts, Green Onions, Salsa, or Avocado.
Serve with Rice and Black Beans.