These Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins are completely vegan, with no added fat, butter, or oil - so are also 100% McDougall Friendly. Healthy and yummy!
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Ground Flax Seeds
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar ((packed))
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts ((optional))
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Flax Egg
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the vinegar and almond milk together in a separate bowl
- Add in remaining wet ingredients and stir to combine
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and slowly pour in the liquid mixture.
- Stir just until combined.
- Pour into prepared muffin tin (or use paper muffin cups) and bake for 15-18 minutes.