The creamiest, the cheesiest, the most decadent Vegan Mac and Cheese ever! Creamy delicious cheese, without using dairy, nuts, or tofu.
- 16 oz Yukon Gold Potatoes (about 3 medium)
- 1-2 Carrots
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbs Nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Brown or Yellow Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 2 cups Elbow Macaroni
- 1 bag Frozen Broccoli ((a 12oz bag))
- Wash and scrub both potatoes and carrots, peel if desired.
- Chop into uniform pieces and boil for 10 minutes.
INSTANT POT: Or - simply add them to your Instant Pot with 1 cup of water. Set to MANUAL and cook for 7 minutes. Allow to naturally release for 10 minutes before opening lid.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes
- With a slotted spoon, transfer veggies to a blender
- Add 1/2 cup of the hot potato water (more if needed to blend smoothly)
- Pulse to mix
- Add in remaining ingredients and blend until smooth
- Boil pasta until al dente
- Add in frozen vegetables to last 5 min of boiling
- Drain pasta, return to pan, and stir in however much cheese sauce you like until creamy and evenly coated
Keywords: vegan mac and cheese