A smooth and creamy fat-free Vegan Potato Salad without using any mayo, tofu, or nuts. The secret is in the sauce!
- 6 red potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 2 ribs celery
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 2-4 Tbs pickle relish
White Bean Mayo
- 15oz can cannellini beans
- 3 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs white miso (can sub tahini)
- 1 Tbs dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs dill pickle juice
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Wash and scrub the potatoes
- INSTANT POT: Add your steamer trivet to your IP, the potatoes, and 1 1/2 cups of water. Set to MANUAL and cook for 4 minutes. Let it naturally vent when finished.
- STOVETOP: Add the potatoes to a large pan and cover with water. Boil until just fork tender - 5-10 minutes.
- Remove potatoes, drain, and set aside in the refrigerator to cool while preparing salad and dressing.
- Finely chop onion, red bell pepper, pickles, and celery and add to a large bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- For the dressing, drain and rinse the beans and add them to your blender along with all the remaining dressing ingredients. Blend on high until smooth. Add 1 Tbs water at a time to thin if needed.
- Chop the cooled potatoes and carefully mix them with the salad ingredients,
- Fold in at least 1 cup of the dressing (or as much as you like). Mix carefully.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes and serve.
- Garnish with a dusting of paprika if desired.
Keywords: vegan potato salad, fat-free, oil-free, plant-based