I love potatoes for breakfast and could eat them every single morning. Like this Southwestern Potato Hash – salt, oil, and sugar-free – perfect for a Mary’s Mini.
- 4 yukon gold potatoes (roughly 3 cups)
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 can whole green chiles (8 oz)
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1–2 handfuls chopped kale
- salt to taste
- Dice potatoes and add to a pot of cold water, enough to cover.
- Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes. Rinse, drain, and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, saute a diced onion in a splash of water or veg broth until softened.
- Stir in a chooped red bell peper and saute until softened.
- Add green chiles, garlic, mushrooms, and seasoning and stir to combine
- When mushrooms have cooked down, stir in potatoes.
- Add kale and simmer until it has wilted
- Add salt & pepper as desired
- Serve with your favorite condiment.
Keywords: potato hash