This week's recipe: a Spicy Veggie Noodles Stir Fry! Alright, they're not THAT spicy, but they are good and absolutely loaded with super healthy veggies and chewy rice noodles. Who says Stir-Frys have to be oily or dull?
- 1 Carrot ((cut into matchsticks))
- 1 Red Bell Pepper ((cut into matchsticks))
- 1 Jalapeno ((cut into matchsticks))
- 2 cups Napa (or Savoy) Cabbage ((shredded))
- 1/2 cup Green Onion ((chopped))
- 1/2 cup Cilantro ((chopped))
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
- 3 Tbs Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tbs Ketchup
- 1 Tbs Sriracha
- 1 Tbs Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbs Cornstarch (or ArrowRoot)
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 8 oz Rice Noodles
- 8 oz Portobello Mushrooms ((stems removed, sliced))
- 3 cloves Garlic ((minced))
- Chop your carrot, jalapeno, bell pepper, and cabbage into small but similarly shaped pieces - and place them into individual bowls.
- Add all sauce ingredients to another bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan of salted water to boiling, remove from heat, and add noodles. Cover an let steep for 10 minutes (or according to package instructions). Drain well and rinse with cold water. Return to pan.
- Heat a large pan or wok over med-high heat and add sliced mushrooms. Add water or veg broth as needed to prevent sticking (or soy sauce, wine, etc).
- When mushrooms have reduced in size - add minced garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add in the carrots then stir for 10-15 seconds. Then the jalapenos and stir for another 10-15 seconds. The red peppers and stir. The cabbage and stir, and finally the cilantro. We do NOT want the veggies to get soft and mushy so do not overcook.
- Add sauce and stir thoroughly. When sauce begins to bubble, add noodles.
- Stir thoroughly to coat noodles and continue cooking until everything is heated through. 1-2 minutes.
Garnish with chopped green onions, cilantro, sesame seeds, and sriracha.
Donations or tips are always welcome!