A Vegan Orange Chicken Stir-Fry that tastes just like Panda Express only using Baked Cauliflower Bites instead. Completely Vegan and Fat-Free.
- 1 head Cauliflower ((small))
- 8 oz Mushrooms
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 bunch Green Onions ((sliced into 1" pieces))
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth ((low sodium))
- 1/3 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce ((low sodium))
- 2 Tbs Orange Juice
- 2 Tbs Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 Tbs Cold Water
- 1 Tbs Arrowroot Powder ((or Cornstarch))
- Prepare rice as directed.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash and cut a small head of cauliflower into bite-sized chunks.
- Prepare batter in a large bowl and dip cauliflower pieces in batter until completely covered
- Place the cauliflower pieces on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes
- Place all sauce ingredients except arrowroot and water in a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Mix arrowroot and water to make a slurry and add to sauce to thicken
- Add mushrooms to a Wok or large pan and stir fry in a little veggie broth until softened
- Add red bell pepper and green onions and continue to stir-fry until softened
- When the cauliflower pieces are baked, stir them into the stir-fry and add sauce.
- Stir well until everything is completely coated and simmer for a few minutes until heated through.
Tips Are Always Welcome