Why open a blob of canned jellied Cranberry Sauce when you can make your own? This Sugar-Free Cranberry Sauce has no refined sugar, tastes delicious, and is a lot easier to make than you think!
- 12 oz cranberries
- 1 cup frozen dark sweet cherries
- 6 medjool dates
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 Tbs orange zest
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- Simply cover your dates with hot water and allow them to soak until softened, at least an hour or so.
- Rinse and drain your cranberries and then add them to a large soup pan
- Add the dark cherries, orange zest, and spices
- Finally, blend the dates with the 1 cup of orange juice until smooth and pour into the pan
- Adjust the heat to med-high until the cranberries begin to pop, then reduce the heat to a slow simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionaly.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. If you like it sweeter you can add a few more cherries or blend another date.
Keywords: sugar-free cranberry sauce