It’s Back to Basics Week here at BNV, where I show you just how simple it is to throw together fast and healthy meals – like this Amazing Vegan Taco Salad.
- Several handfuls of your favorite greens
- 2 cups Wild Rice Blend (or your favorite whole grain)
- 1 batch of my Amazing Cauliflower Taco crumbles
- 15oz can Pinto Beans (rinsed & drained)
- Tomatoes, Jalapenos, Onions, Cilantro for garnish
- Your favorite Salsa or Picante Sauce for topping
- Prepare the rice according to package instructions, set aside.
- Mix the taco ingredients according to the recipe instructions. (to lower the fat content and reduce the calorie density – leave out the walnuts).
- Add taco mixture to a large pan and stir in the rinsed & drained pinto beans. Simmer until heated through, 10-15 minutes.
- Layer a large salad bowl with your favorite greens
- Add a large scoop of the rice to the center of the bowl
- Sprinkle the taco/bean mixture over the entire salad
- Garnish with the fresh veggies
- Top with your favorite Salsa