This recipe is a great way of using extra veggies – and when it all comes together it tastes amazing. The ULTIMATE vegan mac n cheese.
- 1 batch vegan cheese sauce
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced poblano pepper
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 8 oz sliced portobello mushrooms
- 2 Tbs low-sodium soy sauce
- 10 oz bag frozen broccoli and cauliflower
- 12 oz pkg brown rice elbow pasta
- 1 diced tomato
- Prepare the cheese sauce – set aside
- In a non-stick skillet, saute the onion and peppers until softened
- Add garlic and stir for about 30 sec or until fragrant
- Add mushrooms and soy sauce and cook until liquid has evaporated – set aside
- Microwave or steam frozen veggies. You can chop into smaller pieces if you want.
- Prepare pasta according to directions – then drain and return to pan
- Add all veggies to the pasta along with the diced tomato and stir
- Add cheese sauce and stir – I usually add the whole batch
- When thick and creamy – serve.
Keywords: vegan mac n cheese,