A Vegan 15 Bean Soup using one of those little bags of soup mix and my Instant Pot. From dried beans to deliciously healthy soup in just 1 hour. Pure Magic.
- 1 bag Hurst's 15 Bean Soup Blend ((without the seasoning))
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth ((low sodium))
- 4 cups Water
- 2 Tbs Soy Sauce ((low sodium))
- 3 cloves Garlic ((minced))
- 1 med Sweet Onion ((chopped))
- 1 green Bell Pepper ((chopped))
- 1 Jalapeno, minced ((optional))
- 1 can Green Chiles, chopped ((7oz))
- 2 stalks Celery ((chopped))
- 2 Carrots ((sliced))
- 3/4 tsp Cumin
- 3/4 tsp Thyme
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes ((15oz))
- 2 handfuls Fresh Spinach ((optional))
- 2 Tbs Lime Juice ((1 lime))
- Throw away that little seasoning packet in the beans, we won't be using it.
- Rinse the beans well, and add them to your Instant Pot
- To the Instant Pot, add the broth, water, soy sauce, garlic, onion, peppers, chiles, celery, carrots, cumin, thyme, and bay leaf. Attach the lid and set to SEALING.
- Set your Instant Pot to MANUAL mode, HP, and 45 minutes.
- When finished cooking, allow to vent naturally. OR, cover pressure release valve with a clean washcloth, and using a wooden spoon - CAREFULLY and SLOWLY release the pressure manually.
- Remove lid and stir in tomatoes, spinach, and lime juice. Mix well and check for seasoning. Add additional salt and pepper if needed.
With the Soy Sauce and the Veg Broth the sodium content for 1 serving is 256mg. For those of you watching your sodium intake, you can eliminate the soy sauce, and sub additional water in place of the veg broth.
Tips Are Always Welcome!
- Calories: 142