Scrambled Eggs made from Chickpeas make these Vegan Breakfast Burritos a delicious grab n go meal for those busy mornings. A taste of New Mexico in every bite!
- flour tortillas or pita pockets (optional)
- shredded potatoes or hash browns
- meat sub of your choice
- salsa or chile sauce of your choice
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 2 Tbs nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/4 cup bell pepper
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 can chopped green chile (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup veg broth
- 1/2 tsp black salt (kala namak)
- Prepare red chile sauce if using along with potatoes and meat substitute, set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 cup of water until just simmering
- In small bowl, whisk the chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, and all the spices EXCEPT the black salt until mixed thoroughly.
- Add 1/2 cup water to flour mixture and whisk until smooth
- Pour this into the pan of hot water on the stove and stir frequently for 5 minutes over med-low heat
- Pour into 8" x 8" shallow baking dish and refrigerate 1 hour
- After the eggs have set for 1 hour in the fridge, saute the onion, pepper, garlic. and chiles in the veg broth until softened.
- Fold in the egg mixture and break apart with a fork, spatula, or potato masher
- Add the black salt last and stir until mixed thoroughly
- Assemble burritos by adding eggs, meat-sub, potatoes, and salsa to a tortilla and roll.
Recipe adapted from Nest and Glow
Keywords: vegan breakfast burritos, vegan chickpea eggs