A Vegan Chicken Pot Pie Recipe using fresh veggies, a savory broth, and the chewy goodness of Butler Soy Curls.
- 2 cups Butler Soy Curls
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth (low sodium)
- 2 Tbs Soy Suce (low sodium)
- 1/2 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth (low sodium)
- 2 medium Carrots (diced small)
- 2 stalks Celery (diced small)
- 1/2 White Onion (chopped)
- 2 Potatoes (Yukon Gold)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1 pinch Rubbed Sage
- 1/4 cup AP Flour
- 2 1/2 cups Vegetable Broth (low sodium)
- 1/3 cup Peas (frozen or fresh)
- 1 batch Fluffy Vegan Buttermilk Biscuit Dough ((see recipe below))
- Whisk together 1 cup veg broth, the soy sauce, and the poultry seasoning in a medium sized bowl. Stir in soy curls and set side, stirring occasionally
- Chop carrots, celery, and onion and add to a large soup pan. Sauté in 1/2 cup broth until softened.
- Dice potatoes and add to pan along with garlic, and stir to combine. Cook for another minute.
- Add Thyme, Salt, Pepper, Turmeric, and Sage and stir well.
- Add the Soy Curls you set aside earlier, and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle flour into stew and stir. Continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in 2 1/2 cups Veg Broth and increase heat to a low boil. It should begin to thicken. If not, whisk in a slurry of 1 Tbs Water & 1 Tbs Corn Starch and stir until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in peas.
- If eating as a stew, let rest for 5-10 minutes and serve. If using biscuit topping, preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare biscuit dough using the following recipe.
Fluffy Vegan Buttermilk Biscuits
- Arrange biscuit rounds on top of filling and bake for 25-30 minutes or until biscuits are browned.
Note: If using my Fluffy Vegan Buttermilk Biscuits for a topping, you WILL need to already have some of my Cheese Sauce prepared (about 1/2 cup). If not, you can STILL enjoy this as a stew either served alone, with some crusty bread for dipping, or over rice.