OMG....Chile Lovers - get ready. VEGAN CHILLE RELLENOS! Baked tortillas stuffed with Whole Green Chiles, Vegan Cheese, and garnished with Red Chile Sauce.
- 2 cans Fire Roasted Whole Green Chiles ((7 oz ea))
- Vegan Cheese Sauce ((see recipe))
- Tortillas (Corn or Flour)
- Red Chile Sauce ((see recipe))
- Warm 6 tortillas in your microwave until they are soft and pliable - about 30 seconds
- Lay 2 green chiles down the center of each tortilla
- Spread a generous amount of cheese sauce over each chile
- Starting from the edge closest to you, roll the tortilla and seal edges with cheese
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 min
- Garnish with Red Chile Sauce
Prep time assumes the Chile and Cheese Sauce are already made. Otherwise count on about 30 minutes each for each recipe.
Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and Vegan Sour Cream also make a great garnish.
Serve with Refried Beans and Rice for an authentic Mexican meal.