So what does a Food Blogger do when it's 106 outside? He makes this Vegan Hungarian Goulash in his Instant Pot! One pot, cool kitchen, delicious food!
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups Butler Soy Curls
- 2 med Yellow Onions ((diced))
- 1 Green Bell Pepper ((diced))
- 1 Red Bell Pepper ((diced))
- 1 Carrot ((sliced))
- 5-6 cloves Garlic ((minced))
- 3-4 med Yukon Gold Potatoes ((cubed))
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth ((low sodium))
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Red Wine
- 4 Tbs Hungarian Paprika
- 1 tsp Caraway Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Tbs Tomato Paste
- 1 can Fire Roasted Tomatoes ((15oz))
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbs Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbs Corn Starch Slurry ((as needed to thicken))
- Add just enough hot water to Soy Curls to rehydrate. Add 2 Tbs Soy Sauce for flavoring if desired.
- Add diced onions, peppers, and carrot to Instant Pot. Set heat to SAUTE - LESS mode and soften veggies in 1-2 Tbs Veg Broth or Water.
- Add garlic and stir to incorporate.
- Drain Soy Curls (squeezing out any excess water) and add to IP. Also add Tomato Paste, Black Pepper, Caraway Seeds, and Paprika. Stir to mix well.
- Continue heating on SAUTE mode until liquid has evaporated. Deglaze any stuck bits with the Red Wine and turn OFF the pressure cooker.
- Add Veg Broth, Water, cubed Potatoes, and Tomatoes and stir to mix well.
- Add a bay leaf and attach lid to Instant Pot. Set to MANUAL MODE, LOW PRESSURE, and 10 Minutes.
- After stew is finished, carefully remove lid and season with salt and Balsamic Vinegar. Add corn starch slurry as needed to thicken.