Want a healthier snack for the big game this year? Then you gotta try these Vegan Jalapeno Poppers! That's right, fresh Jalapenos stuffed with a dairy-free Cream Cheese and then air-fried to crispy perfection.
- 6 large Jalapenos
- 1 pkg Kite Hill Vegan Cream Cheese ((or see recipe below))
- 1 jar Red Rasberry Preserves ((Smuckers Simply Fruit brand contains no sugar or hfcs))
Vegan Cream Cheese
- 7 1/2 oz Tofu ((drained only))
- 1/2 cup Unroasted Cashews
- 2 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Water ((as needed to thin))
- 1 Tbs Pickled Jalapenos ((minced))
- 1 Tbs Chives or Scallions ((minced))
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 Tbs Cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbs Cornmeal
- 1 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Rinse jalapenos and cut off the end with the stem. Cut each pepper into 3/4" 'rings' and set aside.
- If making homemade Cream Cheese - cover 1/2 cup unroasted cashews with hot water and microwave for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Drain 1/2 package (about 7 1/2 oz) of Tofu and cut into cubes. Add to blender.
- Add remaining cheese ingredients to blender. Drain cashews and add them as well. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides occasionally. Thin with water if necessary.
- Whisk lemon juice and almond milk to make a vegan buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, and salt together. Add buttermilk and mix well to make a thick batter. Set aside.
- Add all breading ingredients to a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Stuff each jalapeno ring with the cream cheese, and then dip into the batter ensuring it is evenly coated. Dust coated jalapeno with breading and place in air fryer basket or on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Air Fry at 390 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until browned.
Oven Fry at 425 degrees F for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Serve with Red Rasberry Preserves. Thin the jam with a little water if necessary to make a dipping sauce.
Tips Are Always Welcome!