These delicious Vegan Lasagna Rollups are an excellent way to introduce Plant-Based Recipes to your family and friends. Rich, elegant, and satisfying.
- 3-4 cups Marinara Sauce ((see recipe))
- 12 Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles
- 1/4 cup Raw Cashews ((soak for 30 minutes))
- 16 oz Extra-Firm Tofu
- 2 cloves Minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 3 Tbls Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Pepper
- 2-3 cups Fresh or Frozen Spinach
- Soak 1/4 cup Cashews in hot water.
- Prepare Marinara Sauce
- Prepare Lasagna Noodles per package instructions
- Drain cashews and add to blender along with a few cloves of garlic
- Process until well blended
- Drain and press Tofu and add to blender along with nutritional yeast, lemon juice, vinegar, and seasonings and process.
- You may have to scrape down the sides a few times to ensure it's well blended
- Add to large bowl and fold in spinach. (If using frozen spinach, cook in microwave for a few minutes first to soften)
- Drain Lasagna Noodles and lay flat on a hard surface one at a time.
- Spoon ricotta mixture in an even layer down the length of each noodle leaving the last inch bare.
- Slowly roll us each noodle removing any excess that oozes out.
- Layer 1 1/2 cups of Marinara in a Lasagna pan
- Lay each noodle seam side down in pan
- Cover with remaining 1.5 cups of sauce
- Bake at 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
I used 60 minutes as a prep time but it really depends on if you already have the Marinara Sauce ready or not.