The secret to an AWESOME Burrito Bowl is the sauce, so I copied one of my favorite restaurant's sauce to give you this amazing Vegan Ranchero Bowl.
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced with seeds removed
- 1 serrano pepper, diced with seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp mexican oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 can fire roasted whole tomatoes, 28 oz (or about 10 fresh tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup water
- small bunch cilantro
- romaine lettuce
- brown rice
- kidney, pinto, or black beans
- whole kernel corn
- chopped tomato
- radishes, cilantro, or jalapenos for garnish
- Dice onion and add to large saucepan
- Remove stems and seeds from pepper and dice finely. Add to pan and be sure and wear gloves or wash hands thoroughly after handling peppers.
- Add 1-2 Tbs water or veg broth to pan and saute vegetables until softened.
- Add minced garlic and stir. Simmer for 30 seconds.
- Add cumin, garlic salt, onion powder, oregano, and black pepper and mix well. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, water, and cilantro
- Simmer on med-low heat for 30 minutes or until tomatoes break down
- Puree if desired with blender.
- Assemble burrito ingredients in a large bowl and drizzle with sauce
Keywords: vegan ranchero bowl, ranchero sauce