This Vegan Red Onion Gravy will surely be the hit of the party. A rich, flavorful gravy perfect for ladling over fluffy baked potatoes, or that Holiday Lentil Loaf.
- 2 large Red Onions ((diced))
- 2 Tbs Flour
- 1 cup Red Wine ((whatever you like))
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth ((low sodium))
- 2 Tbs Soy Sauce ((low sodium))
- 1 Tbs Dijon Mustard ((plus 2 tsp additional))
- 1 dash Salt & Pepper ((to taste))
- Dice Onions and add to a heated skillet.
- Saute over medium heat for about 30 minutes, until Onions have reduced in size and have begun to stick to the pan. They should be somewhat browned by now.
- Add up to 1/4 cup of Veg Broth to loosen onions from pan, scraping up any browned bits off the bottom as you stir.
- Sprinkle 2 Tbs Flour over gravy and mix well. Allow to simmer for 1-2 minutes while constantly stirring.
- Add Veg Broth and Red Wine. Increase heat to med-high and stir to mix well.
- Add Soy Sauce and Dijon and stir to incorporate.
- Continue stirring until gravy thickens. Reduce heat and simmer to desired consistency.
Original Recipe Date: November 15, 2017.
Inspired by Sam the Cooking Guy
Tips are always welcome and appreciated!