What could be more comforting on a cold, blustery day than a piping hot bowl of an amazingly tasty soup? Not just any soup mind you, but this delicious AND healthy ... Vegan Roasted Cauliflower Soup!
- 1 head Cauliflower ((3-4 cups))
- 1 head Garlic
- 1 med Yukon Gold Potato
- 1/2 yellow Onion
- 3 cups Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Tbs Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Ground Thyme
- Remove outer leaves and stem from cauliflower and cut into equal sized florets. Save the smaller crumbles - don't throw those away!
- Cut the top 1/2" or so off the entire head of garlic, exposing all of the individual cloves. Place cut side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Rough chop the onion and add to a large ziplock bag, along with the cauliflower. Add curry powder and cumin and shake to distribute.
- Arrange the veggies on the baking sheet and roast in a 425 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Carefully place the roasted veggies into a large soup pot. Carefully squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skins and add to soup pot.
- Add broth, water, the potato which has been peeled and cubed, and the remaining spices to the soup pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover for 5-10 minutes or until the potato is tender.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Puree the soup with either your blender or an immersion blender until smooth and creamy.
Garnish with toasted croutons, the cauliflower crumbles, chopped green onions, or parsley.
Donations are always welcome!