You mean Shepherd's Pie? Technically that's the name for the meat version. The vegan version is called a Shepherdess Pie and that's what we're all about!
- 7 Russet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 batch Cauliflower Taco Crumbles, see recipe link
- 3 ribs Celery, diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Frozen Corn (or other veggie blends)
- 1 can Green Chiles (4oz)
- 2 Tbs Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- Salt, Pepper to taste
- Prepare Taco Crumbles according to the recipe and set aside when done
- Peel and cube potatoes and either boil on the stove until fork tender, or cook in the Instant Pot with 1 cup of water for 5 minutes using the Quick Release method afterward.
- Mash potatoes until creamy adding veg broth or unsweetened almond milk if needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside when done.
- Meanwhile, saute celery, red bell pepper, and onion until softened. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Stir in frozen corn and chiles. Mix well and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and veg broth and simmer until slightly thickened
- Stir in Taco Crumbles when done and mix well
- Spoon the mixture into a 9" x 13" glass casserole dish and top with mashed potatoes.
- Smooth evenly, garnish with paprika if desired, and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.