A New Mexican breakfast delight. Freshly baked oil-free papas (hash browns) mixed with green bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and diced tomatoes, smothered in my homemade New Mexican Red Chile Sauce.
- 1 bag Simply Potatoes (1 lb 4 oz) ((or 4 cups shredded))
- 1 cup Mushrooms ((diced small))
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion ((diced small))
- 1/2 cup Green Bell Pepper ((diced small))
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes ((diced small))
- 2 cups New Mexican Red Chile Sauce ((recipe link in notes))
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Prepare Red Chile Sauce (if using) according to THIS RECIPE.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- If shredding potatoes manually, be sure and squeeze any excess moisture out of them before continuing. Otherwise, place potatoes into a large bowl.
- Add veggies and spices and mix thoroughly.
- Turn potatoes out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and spread evenly. Press down a little to compress (helps them stick together).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges are nice and crispy.
- Serve with warm Red Chile Sauce over the top.
Tips are always welcome!