The pantry may look a little empty, but if you have just a few basic ingredients - you can still make this Basic Oil-Free Hummus.
- 2 cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans) 15oz ea
- 6 Tbs of the bean liquid from the can (aquafaba)
- 4 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Tajin for garnish (optional)
- Drain the chickpeas into a bowl and save about 1/2 cup of the liquid
- Rinse the chickpeas thoroughly and add to blender
- Add all the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides occasionaly.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of Tajin for a little extra flavor kick.
Keywords: oil-free hummus