My award-winning Best Damn Vegan Chili, all dressed up for the Instant Pot. Same great flavor, only ready to eat in just a fraction of the time...
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 8 oz Seitan (optional OR)
- 2 cups Cauliflower Crumbles (optional)
- 8 oz Mushrooms (optional)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder (optional)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup McCormick's chili powder
- 1 15oz can pinto beans (low sodium)
- 1 15oz can kidney beans (low sodium)
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce (low sodium)
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes (fire roasted)
- 1 6oz can tomato paste
- 2 Tbs Masa Tamale Flour
- Chop all vegetables and add to IP
- Lightly saute vegetables in a small amount of water, veg broth, or bean juice (aquafaba) until softened
- If using - add seitan, cauliflower crumbles, or mushrooms for a meat substitute. Note: All of these are optional and you could just add another can of beans.
- Add water and all spices except Masa and stir well
- Mix in beans and stir well
- Add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes to TOP of stew and DO NOT STIR
- Add lid to IP and set to MANUAL mode for 10 minutes. Allow to naturally vent when completed for 10 minutes before CAREFULLY releasing any additional pressure
- Stir in tomato paste, any last minute garnishes, and Masa flour.
- Let rest for 10 minutes to thicken, stirring occasionally
Cauliflower Crumble Recipe Only use Soy Sauce to spice, nothing else.
Garnish with pickled jalapeños, green onions, or my green chili sour cream.