These Black Bean Burgers are a spicy blend of black beans, kidney beans, chipotle chiles, and salsa that makes not only a tasty burger, but also one that won't fall apart on the grill.
- 1 can Black Beans ((low sodium))
- 1 can Kidney Beans ((low sodium))
- 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 cup Cornmeal
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1 Chipotle Chile Pepper with Adobo
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a food processor, grind oatmeal into a powder (flour) if possible and set aside.
- Drain beans into a colander and rinse well. Spread beans onto a cookie sheet and dry them as best you can. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes.
- Add beans, oats, cornmeal, salsa, chipotle pepper, and all remaining spices together in a food processor and process until smooth., scraping down sides as necessary.
- Form into 5 burger-shaped patties and allow to set in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Grill burgers as usual and garnish with your favorite toppings.
- These burgers can probably be baked or pan-fried if grilling is not an option (although I have not tried these methods myself). A George Forman indoor grill would also work well.
Keywords: black bean burgers