This Green Chile Sour Cream will turn any Mexican dish into a gourmet dinner - like these Black Bean Tostadas. So rich and flavorful. Who needs Dairy?
- 1 can Black Beans ((15oz can No Salt Added))
- 1/2 can Fat Free Refried Beans ((15oz can))
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Masa Harina Corn flour
Green Chili Sour Cream
- 1 cup Cashews ((unroasted, unsalted))
- 1/4 cup Hot water
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 whole Green Chiles ((peeled and chopped))
- Corn Tortillas
- Roasted Red Bell Peppers ((sliced into strips))
- Diced Tomatoes
- Shredded Lettuce
- Soak cashews in enough how water to cover completely for at least 30 minutes
- Preheat broiler to 450 degrees
- Place all Bean ingredients in a pot and stir to combine. Add the Masa to thicken if desired.
- Place all Sour Cream ingredients in blender and blend on high until smooth scraping down the sides occasionally.
- Toast corn tortillas on a cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes at a time before flipping. Repeat until crispy.
- Place bean mixture on tostada shell and spread evenly.
- Top with veggies and sour cream,
Rice makes a good side dish.