With no butter, eggs, milk, or oil these may quite possibly be the HEALTHIEST Vegan Buttermilk Biscuits around.
- 2 cups flour ((King Arthur Bread Flour))
- 1 Tbls baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Cheese Sauce ((see recipe link below))
- 1 cup Almond Milk ((unsweetened))
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Whisk almond milk and vinegar together and set aside
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Add cheese sauce and stir in with a fork until it resembles large crumbsLink to Amazing Cheese Sauce Recipe
- Slowly pour in buttermilk mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until just slightly combined
- Spoon out onto a floured work surface and gently knead 2-3 times
- Roll out dough to 1" thickness and cut circles with cup, glass, jar, or biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits on parchment lined cookie sheet so they touch each other
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Adapted from Minimalist Baker and their incredible Best Damn Vegan Biscuit Recipe.