Remember little smokies? Those little sausages we used to simmer in BBQ sauce every New Year’s? This Holiday I converted an old recipe to make Cocktail Carrots instead, and they turned out fantastic!
- 16 oz bag Baby Carrots
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 Tbs liquid smoke
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp pickled jalapeno juice
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup grape jelly
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together and set aside.
- Cook carrots by boiling on the stove for 10-15 min until just fork tender.
- Drain and mix with marinade. Allow to marinate in the fridge overnight or at least several hours.
- Add carrots AND marinade to your IP and cook on MANUAL for 3 minutes.
- Carefully release the pressure (QR – quick release) and transfer carrots and marinade to a bowl.
- Allow them to marinate overnight or at least for several hours.
- Drain your marinated carrots (save marinade for another use) and add to a large saucepan.
- Whisk the jelly and mustard together until smooth and stir into the carrots.
- Heat gently until bubbly and carrots have heated through.
- Serve to your guest with toothpicks for skewering.
Keywords: cocktail carrots, little smokies