These easy Deviled Potatoes are the perfect snack for parties, potlucks, or holidays. Easy to make and 100% fat-free, they are a healthier version of everybody's favorite Deviled Eggs - only using baby potatoes instead.
- 12 small Baby Gold Potatoes
- 1 can Chickpeas, save the juice ((15oz))
- 4 Tbls Chickpea Bean Juice
- 2-3 Tbls Lemon Juice
- 2 cloves Garlic ((minced))
- 1 Tbs Dijion Mustard ((or more))
- 1/4 tsp Tumeric
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- Paprika for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub potatoes and slice in half
- Lay evenly, cut side up, on a cookie sheet and bake for 40 minutes.
- Drain the Chickpeas, reserving the juice, and rinse
- Add Chickpeas to blender along with garlic, lemon juice, mustard, and spices.
- Pulse until thoroughly mixed
- Add Bean Juice - 1 Tbls at a time - until desired consistency
- Add more lemon juice and/or mustard to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Once potatoes are finished baking, allow to cool, and then carefully scoop out middles.
- Save the potato middles, or eat them, or add them to your hummus
- More juice may be needed if you add potatoes to hummus
- Using a pastry bag, (or zip lock baggy), fill hollowed out potatoes with hummus.
- Garnish with paprika and serve.
Original Recipe Date: January 17, 2016
Inspired by Anne and Jane Esselstyn