I made this popular recipe even EASIER (and in my opinion even tastier). So if you love Mushrooms and Pasta smothered in a rich, savory sour cream gravy – give my new Easy Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff a try.
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (or sub your favorite GF flour)
- 2 Tbs nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups low sodium veg broth
- 2 Tbs low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp kitchen bouquet (optional – adds color)
- 16 oz EF tofu, drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 12 oz box brown rice fusilli (or your favorite pasta)
- 16 oz portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbs low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp vegan worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all dry gravy ingredients together and pour into a small saucepan
- Whisk over med-low heat until toasty
- Whisk all wet gravy ingredients together and pour into pan with the dry ingredients.
- Whisk until smooth and heat until thickened – set aside.
- Drain tofu and add to blender along with all remaining sour cream ingredients
- Blend until smooth – set aside
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions – drain
- Clean and slice mushrooms and add to a large frying pan
- Add soy sauce and Worcestershire and stir over med heat until mushrooms have reduced in size and the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir gravy into pan with mushrooms and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup (or to taste) sour cream to gravy and stir to mix well
- Season to taste.
- Pour over drained pasta and enjoy
Keywords: easy vegan mushroom stroganoff