And now for something completely different, here is a recipe for those of you who may have a lot of spinach at home and have no idea what to do with it. Super easy to make too.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 russet potatoes, cubed
- 1 can diced green chiles, 7oz
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup riced cauliflower
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 bag baby spinach, 16oz
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pickled jalapenos for garnish (optional)
- Add diced onion, celery, potato, green chiles, and a spalsh of veg broth to a large soup pot
- Cook on medium until veggies start to soften – 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt, garlic powder, thyme, and oregano and stir. Cook 1 minute.
- Add bay leaves , cauliflower, and veg broth, stir and cover. Cook 10 minutes.
- Add spinach. Stir, cover and cook 6 minutes – stirring occasionaly
- Stir and taste for seasoning. Add nutmeg.
- Working in batches, transer to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serving suggestions: Pickled jalapenos , serve over rice, crusty bread.
Keywords: Fat Free Spinach Soup