Another summer BBQ favorite - Grilled Vegan Mexican Street Corn! Instead of using the traditional mayonnaise rub I did something a little different to reduce the fat and calories. And with a shake or two of my Vegan Parmesan - perfecto! (Be sure and grab plenty of napkins).
- 3 ears Sweet Corn
- 1 batch Vegan Parmesan ((see recipe link below))
- 1 Lime
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Green Onions ((diced))
- 1 Tbs Cilantro ((chopped))
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Shuck corn, break in half if desired, and add to a large bowl
- Mix all marinade ingredients and pour over corn. Allow the corn to marinate at least 1 hour (longer is better) and turn pieces often to ensure they get covered.
- Grill over direct heat to get those lovely grill marks and then move to indirect heat to continue cooking until juicy and tender. Baste with remaining marinade often.
- Serve with freshly squeezed lime juice and Vegan Parmesan.
Tips are always welcome!
Keywords: vegan bbq