Meatloaf sandwiches were definitely part of my upbringing. This vegan hippie loaf will definitely satisfy the craving.
- 1 can Black Beans ((150z))
- 1 Onion ((diced))
- 3 cloves Garlic ((minced))
- 1 Carrot ((minced))
- 2 ribs Celery ((minced))
- 1 cup Mushroom ((diced))
- 1 cup Cooked Brown Rice
- 3 Tbs Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Tbs Italian Seasoning
- 2 Tbs Ketchup
- 2 Tbs Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a meatloaf/bread pan and set aside
- Chop and mince all veggies fine and add to a large bowl
- Add chopped mushrooms and rice.
- Drain and rinse the Black Beans and mash with a potato masher.
- Add beans and remaining ingredients to bowl and mix well by hand.
- Scrape into pan and pat down firmly with spatula
- Bake for 1 hour until browned on outside
- Allow to cool and firm for 15-20 minutes
Optional: You can an lightly coat the top with ketchup before finishing the last 10 minutes of baking.