It only takes a few, simple pantry ingredients to make these yummy, Homemade Vegan Soft Pretzels.
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 3/4 cups AP flour
- 8 cups water
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- 2 Tbs unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- kosher salt to taste
- Whisk brown sugar and yeast in warm water. Wait 10 minutes for yeast to bloom
- Mix flour and salt
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until a stiff dough ball forms
- Knead 1-2 minutes.
- Cover and let rise 1 hr in a warm place.
- Dissolve baking soda in 8 cups water and bring to a simmer
- Preheat oven to 450° F oven and line cookie sheet with parchment or silpat
- Divide dough into 6 portions
- Roll each ball into a 24" log, and then form into pretzels
- Drop pretzels into water bath for at leatst 30 seconds to 1 minute
- Remove carefully and place on cookie sheet, repeat.
- Brush pretzels with eggless wash and sprinkle on kosher salt
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until browned
- Serve with vegan cheese sauce, mustard, or eat plain.
Keywords: vegan pretzels