I changed the spices in my Cauliflower Tacos and made Vegan CHORIZO! Which happens to go perfectly with my Instant Pot Charro Beans. Talk about a match made in heaven!
- 2 cups Pinto Beans ((dried))
- 2 1/2 cups Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1 1/2 cups Dark Beer ((12 oz Porter, Stout, etc))
- 2 small Onions ((diced))
- 1 Green Bell Pepper ((diced))
- 1 Jalapeno ((minced))
- 3-4 cloves Garlic ((minced))
- 1 can Fire Roasted Tomatoes ((15 oz))
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro
- 2 cups Cauliflower ((riced or diced small))
- 1 1/2 cups Portobello Mushrooms ((diced small))
- 1/4 cup Walnuts ((chopped small))
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbs Chili Powder
- 1 Tbs Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Mexican Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/8 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
- Rinse and pick over beans and add them to your Instant Pot. Add chopped onion, green bell pepper, garlic, and jalapeno.
- Add broth and beer and stir to combine.
- Add tomatoes to center (DO NOT STIR) and attach lid. Set to SEALING.
- Pressure cook on HP for 45 minutes. Allow to vent naturally when finished.
- Add riced cauliflower, diced mushrooms, and chopped walnuts to a bowl.
- Add vinegar and mix well.
- In s small bowl - whisk the spices together until mixed, then stir into cauliflower. Stir to make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Place 'chorizo' onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Stir when finished and then bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- When beans have finished and lid is removed, carefully stir Chorizo into the beans and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
Garnish with chopped cilantro, a squeeze of lime, additional jalapenos, or vegan sour cream.